If you’re lucky enough to be making the trip to the 2010 World Equestrian Games then you’ll be able to catch all the eventing action in person. But if you’ll be snagging a front row seat on your couch then you’ll be tuning in via tv, internet, and radio. Here are your viewing options!
LIVE WEG COVERAGE ONLINE
The Universal Sports Online website can give you everything from reining to cross-country for a one-time fee of $29.99. If you’re interested in just watching the eventing then here’s your schedule (for live coverage!):
- Eventing Dressage Thursday, September 29 from 9:00am-11:30am and 1:30pm-4:00pm ET
- Eventing Dressage Friday, October 1 8:30-11:00am and 1:00pm-3:30pm ET
- Cross-Country Saturday, October 2 9:00am-4:00pm ET
- Eventing Show Jumping and medals Sunday, October 3 1:00pm-4:45pm ET
The newly launched USEF Network will provide live streaming of anything that NBC or Universal Sports is not covering. For free! I like that price quite a lot.
- Eventing Dressage Part 1 September 29th from 3:00pm-6:30pm CEST
- Eventing Dressage Part 2 September 30th from 8:30pm-midnight CEST
- Eventing Dressage Part 3 October 1 from 2:30pm-6:oopm CEST
- Eventing Dressage Part 4 October 1 from 8:00pm-11:3opm CEST
- Cross-Country October 2 from 3:00pm-10:00pm CEST
- Eventing Show Jumping October 3 from 7:00pm-10:oopm CEST
If you’re wondering, like I was, what in the world “CEST” is, it means “Central European Summer Time”. That’s 3 hours ahead of our American “Eastern Standard Time”, abbreviated “ET” or “EST”.
TAPED WEG COVERAGE
If catching the World Equestrian Games live doesn’t suit your schedule then go for some taped coverage which you can find at:
- NBC: Cross-Country Sunday, October 3 from 1:00pm-4:45pm
- Universal Sports Network: Eventing Finals Thursday, October 7 from 11:30am-2:30pm
TELEVISED WEG COVERAGE
If you want to catch some coverage on television of the World Equestrian Games as whole (perhaps with friends who want just a small dose of horses here and there) you can catch it on NBC at the following times:
- Sunday, September 26 from 12:00pm-1:00pm ET
- Sunday, Ooctober 3 from 1:00pm-4:00pm ET
- Sunday, October 10 from 4:00pm-6:00pm ET
The Horse Radio Network will have daily coverage of the World Equestrian Games that’s sure to include daily leaders as well as fun commentary you won’t want to miss. If you’re at the Games you can even watch them record the shows (how cool!) at the International Equestrian Festival at the Lexington Convention Center booth #200. Special Eventing Radio Shows will be recorded in front of an audience at the Alltech Pavilion at the Kentucky Horse Park:
- September 30 from 4:30-5:15 PM
- October 1 from 4-5 PM
- October 2 from 4:30-5:30 PM
- October 3 from 5:15 – 6:15 PM
If you’d like to catch more than eventing (like vaulting or reining or any other of the eight equestrian disciplines competing at the 2010 World Equestrian Games) check out Regarding Horses for a complete listing. So grab some snacks, curl up on your couch, and dig in to all this World Equestrian Games coverage!